Tuesday 18 November 2014

Custom Puzzle: Stained Bassett Hound

So a little while ago I was at a show and I was approached by Rob. Really, this is Rob's story...but it could just as easily be yours.

Rob was interested in a puzzle, specifically my puppy puzzle. However, Rob was hoping for a bit more than that. He wanted to know if could maybe stain some colour spots on the puppy to make it look like his basset hound. Seemed like a nice idea, but I told him we could do better...

Rob gave me some specifics on the colours of his basset hound: black on the back with brown head and feet. 

After looking at some images of basset hounds, we moved to create a silhouette pattern and then did the custom stain job. Once the stain was dry I cut the image into puzzle pieces. 

Custom Basset Hound Puzzle $15

Personally I think it came out pretty well. There are no facial features (most notably eyes), but then I don't consider myself that sort of an artist and Rob hadn't expected any.

So how can Rob's story be your story?

If you have (or had) a dog that you would like to have become the basis of a puzzle, let me know. If you send me a picture that's even better. Almost any breed of dog can be done, capturing the particular characteristics that set that breed aside and colouring the puzzle to make it look like your particular dog.

Hope to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment